SOHC ladies edged out by Taunton Vale
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery (SOHC) ladies went down 4-2 at home to Taunton Vale, writes Sophie Hudson.
After a terrific second half performance the week before, SOHC made a confident start that clearly shocked the visitors. Their early enterprise was rewarded when a Karen Dutton converted a short corner.
Taunton Vale hit back with two goals to hold a narrow interval lead.
After the break, SOHC were again quickly into their stride and it was no more than they deserved when Maisie Pritchard levelled things up.
Driven on by some terrific play, particularly from Ellie Marok and Nicky Lockyer, SOHC went close to regaining the lead. However, the visitors took advantage of some tired home legs to notch two late goals and take the points.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday (October 17), the ladies travel to Shepton Mallett (1pm).
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls