SOHC Ladies’ end league season on a real high
- Credit: Archant
Taunton Vale 1, SOHC 4 SOHC ended a magnificent season on a real high with a powerful all-round show in their final game.
They got the perfect start when a lightning-quick raid ended with a Vale player turning the ball past her own keeper.
The home side responded well and drew level before half-time.
After the break SOHC found a new tempo and produced some scintillating play.
All three of the second half goals were clinical finishes with Sarah Roberts, Nicky Bishop and Maisy Pritchard the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
SOHC displayed great teamwork and accurate passing from the defence through to the forwards throughout the contest.
Chrissie Mitchell worked extremely hard to create the link in the middle and thoroughly deserved her award of Player of the Match.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
SOHC were full value for the win, testament to the excellent coaching this term from head coach Gus Mcvey.
After a fourth place finish this season, their first as a team, the ladies’ will be eager to return to action later this year when a new season kicks in again.