SOHC ladies’ fourth team warm-up for resumption of league duties with 3-0 Chard success
Sidmouth and Ottery ladies’ fourth team when a winning start to the new year with a 3-0 success at home to Chard ladies, writes Jane Roberts.
After a lengthy break for the festive period the friendly with the Somerset side was a welcome return to action for the SOHC ladies and the victory sets them up nicely for the resumption of league engagements this coming Saturday.
Chard began brightly and looked sharp in attack. However, they were stopped in their tracks by fine defending from Caren Flicker, Ceinwen Harris, Katie Underwood and Emily Bolton.
On the occasions they did break down the SOHC rearguard they found home goalkeeper Charlotte Brodie in her usual superb form! Once they found their feet in the contest SOHC began to make headway and they took the lead with Jane Roberts rifling the ball home from a short corner.
Further chances were fashioned before Bernie Voce took her opportunity from a rebound off a short corner and slotted the ball confidently past the goalkeeper.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be out done, Norma Rich added another goal to the team’s tally before half-time with a terrific individual effort, dribbling the ball past a number of defenders before striking a sweet shot beyond the goalkeeper.
Despite not adding to their three goals after the break SOHC continued to play with good precision - and pace – and there were notable performances from Jazz Dorman and Helen Edwards. Furthermore, tight marking by Maggie Heal on Chard’s main striker also prevented the away team finding the net.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon