SOHC ladies fourths in stalemate with Dart III
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery ladies (SOHC) fourth team were involved in a 0-0 draw when they hosted Dart III.
Despite the lack of goals there was plenty of good hockey played and lots of goal mouth action to keep the supporters warm!
SOHC enjoyed the better chances in the first half. Unfortunately, the shots were either saved by the Dart goalkeeper or missed the target by the smallest of margins!
In the second half, Maggie Heal and Jane Roberts came close to putting the home side in front and Norma Rich produced some strong runs into the circle, but was thwarted by a well-organised Dart defence. Furthermore, there was some impressive attacking play by youngsters, Caitlin Perry and Helen Edwards.
At the other end, Charlotte Brodie produced some fine saves in goal and Jo Elliott, playing a central defensive role, organised the players around her well. Having only just started playing league hockey, Katie Underwood produced another strong performance in defence displaying lots of well-timed tackles.
You may also want to watch:
Although SOHC were disappointed not to score, they enjoyed a great spirited match against good opposition.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners