SOHC ladies fourths in stalemate with Dart III
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery ladies (SOHC) fourth team were involved in a 0-0 draw when they hosted Dart III.
Despite the lack of goals there was plenty of good hockey played and lots of goal mouth action to keep the supporters warm!
SOHC enjoyed the better chances in the first half. Unfortunately, the shots were either saved by the Dart goalkeeper or missed the target by the smallest of margins!
In the second half, Maggie Heal and Jane Roberts came close to putting the home side in front and Norma Rich produced some strong runs into the circle, but was thwarted by a well-organised Dart defence. Furthermore, there was some impressive attacking play by youngsters, Caitlin Perry and Helen Edwards.
At the other end, Charlotte Brodie produced some fine saves in goal and Jo Elliott, playing a central defensive role, organised the players around her well. Having only just started playing league hockey, Katie Underwood produced another strong performance in defence displaying lots of well-timed tackles.
You may also want to watch:
Although SOHC were disappointed not to score, they enjoyed a great spirited match against good opposition.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!