SOHC ladies fourths well beaten at Okehampton
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies fourth team endured a difficult day when they travelled to Okehampton where they ultimately lost 7-2.
The home side displayed their superiority from the start and showed why they are near the top of the league.
Although SOHC had a lot of youngsters in their team due to the unavailability of regular players, the up and coming members of the club equipped themselves very well and never gave up. Once again Jazz Dorman gave a steady and strong display in midfield and, as the consistent Norma Rich covered the pitch with her usual endeavour. SOHC managed to find the net in the first half with a precise strike from Bernie Voce, but by this time Okehampton were already well on their way to winning!
Unfortunately, Abi Pearse took a bad knock to the hand whilst defending a powerful strike and therefore SOHC played the second half with only ten players.
Brilliant defending by Caren Flicker, Becca Lang and Katie Underwood kept Okehampton’s increasing goal tally to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
Late on Maggie Heal found herself well positioned at the post to follow up a short corner strike to score a consolation goal.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon