SOHC ladies fourths well beaten at Okehampton
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies fourth team endured a difficult day when they travelled to Okehampton where they ultimately lost 7-2.
The home side displayed their superiority from the start and showed why they are near the top of the league.
Although SOHC had a lot of youngsters in their team due to the unavailability of regular players, the up and coming members of the club equipped themselves very well and never gave up. Once again Jazz Dorman gave a steady and strong display in midfield and, as the consistent Norma Rich covered the pitch with her usual endeavour. SOHC managed to find the net in the first half with a precise strike from Bernie Voce, but by this time Okehampton were already well on their way to winning!
Unfortunately, Abi Pearse took a bad knock to the hand whilst defending a powerful strike and therefore SOHC played the second half with only ten players.
Brilliant defending by Caren Flicker, Becca Lang and Katie Underwood kept Okehampton’s increasing goal tally to a minimum.
You may also want to watch:
Late on Maggie Heal found herself well positioned at the post to follow up a short corner strike to score a consolation goal.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council