SOHC ladies’ II sink Dart thanks to Roberts brace
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies’ II faced familiar opposition against old rivals Dart on the Sidmouth home pitch for a Petroc League Division One encounter.
The disappointment of only gaining a draw in their previous outing, coupled with the fact that Dart began the game sitting just one place above them in the table, provided the ingredients for a special SOHC display – and that’s just what the team delivered!
The home side started brightly, the experienced midfield of Roberts and Down linking up well and good runs into space from Parkin up front forced Dart into errors. Sarah ‘Robbo’ Roberts made some searing runs down the right resulting in her first goal taken from the tightest of angles and the coolest of finishes.
Team coach Pidgeon delivered an encouraging pep talk at the break urging the side to keep the momentum going. The opposition came back fighting and the second half was a close encounter. Against a determined attack, SOHC defenders Lefebvre and Dockley both put in fine performances in front of goalkeeper Delasalle who pulled off some superb saves. However, the pressure eventually told and the visitors levelled the scores.
Pidgeon rotated players, and fitness came to the fore – as did discipline – and a series of home short corners led to Roberts rifling the ball home to restore the SOHC lead. That lead stayed in tact until the final whistle to leave the home side celebrating a fine success.
You may also want to watch:
The Chick of the Day award was shared between goal scorer Roberts and young Brogan Algar who showed great skill, pace and tenacity, breaking down the play, not allowing the opposition any time on the ball.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action