SOHC ladies IV bounce back from two defeats.
SOHC Ladies IV 2, Exe IV 1 SOHC had the luxury of four substitutes for what turned out to be a well contested match, writes Maggie Heal.
Amongst the substitutes were Amy Hounsell and Amy Price, both making their debt in the team colours.
The first half was full of action but both defences held sway throughout.
Good defending by goalie Becca Lang, former goalie Lucy Lefebvre, Caren Flicker, Jo ‘the green’ Elliott, Norma ‘the workhorse’ Rich and Georgia Wilson, did the job for SOHC and half-time arrived with the game still looking for its first goal.
After the break SOHC went ahead through a short corner ‘exocet’ from Jane Roberts, back from curry-sampling in India, with a hint of an assist from captain Heal. This was followed by another equally powerful on-target shot again from a short corner this time deflected even further from the goalie by ex-Ottery player Katie Parr. Despite several attempts by Hope Burgess, Sam Andrews and Jess Tubbs were unable to add to the score. Unfortunately, Robyn ‘the elf’ Wilson injured her ankle so will be retiring to a certain garden centre for therapeutic reasons for the next couple of weeks!
You may also want to watch:
In the last ten minutes of the game Exe pulled one back, but the sheer determination of the team not to let in any goals paid off and they saw the game out in style.
On Saturday the team travel to Totnes to face Dart III.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box