SOHC Ladies’ IV work hard in defeat at Dart III
Dart II 3, SOHC IV 1 Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club’s ladies 4th team with three new players travelled to Totnes to play Dart 2 on a hard and bumpy pitch that has certainly seen better days, writes Maggie Heal.
Teresa Grabauskas our usual right-winger was named ‘chick with a stick’ for a fine debut in goal that saw her beaten three times, but save many more.
The keeper was well supported by a hard-working defence of Mo Mylne, Jo Elliott, Caren Flicker and Sarah Ingram, the latter making her first appearance for the side.
Another debut maker was Emma Ingram (Sarah’s daughter) and Evie Wilson, no relation to goal scorer Robyn Wilson.
The game was not as one-sided as the visitors had feared and just one goal was shipped in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end good chances to net, particularly for Maggie Heal and Norma Rich went begging.
After the break the hosts went into a three-goal lead, but it was no more than SOHC deserved when a precise pass drilled by Jess Tubbs set up Robyn Wilson to score.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
There’s action again tomorrow (Saturday) for the team with a home game at Sidmouth against Ashmoor (10.30am).