SOHC ladies net a great eight against Clevedon
Sidmouth and Ottery women’s first team scored eight unanswered goals as they put Clevedon to the sword.
Karen Dutton took the opportunity to boost her goal tally as she scored a hatful of spectacular goals!
The tempo of the SOHC game was high from the first whistle and they began the contest with plenty of pace and intensity and carried a threat every time they ventured over the half-way line.
Dutton opened the scoring with a trademark clinical finish and further goals followed from Chrissie Mitchell, Frankie Elliott and Nikki Bishop and another from Dutton to give SOHC a nap-hand half-time lead.
After the break Clevedon attacked with confidence, but got little change out of the disciplined and organised SOHC defensive line. When the back line was breached Hayley Dellasell made a couple of smart saves.
You may also want to watch:
Play was soon back at the opposite end of the pitch and Dutton slotted two more to take her match tally to four.
The eighth and final goal came five minutes from time.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
The Clevedon defence failed to effectively clear the ball and it fell to Sarah Roberts who showed delightful control before powering it beyond the goalkeeper and into the Clevedon net.
SOHC coach Gus McVey said: “The ladies served up a superb brand of attacking hockey and some of the goals were of the highest standard. Every one of the players on duty contributed to a memorable all-round team effort.”
The ladies are in action tomorrow (October 18) with a game against Clifton III.
The match takes place at King’s School, Ottery St Mary with push back at 12.30pm.
Further details on all the clubs teams fixtures can be found at www.sidmouthandotteryhc.co.uk