SOHC ladies net a great eight against Clevedon
Sidmouth and Ottery women’s first team scored eight unanswered goals as they put Clevedon to the sword.
Karen Dutton took the opportunity to boost her goal tally as she scored a hatful of spectacular goals!
The tempo of the SOHC game was high from the first whistle and they began the contest with plenty of pace and intensity and carried a threat every time they ventured over the half-way line.
Dutton opened the scoring with a trademark clinical finish and further goals followed from Chrissie Mitchell, Frankie Elliott and Nikki Bishop and another from Dutton to give SOHC a nap-hand half-time lead.
After the break Clevedon attacked with confidence, but got little change out of the disciplined and organised SOHC defensive line. When the back line was breached Hayley Dellasell made a couple of smart saves.
You may also want to watch:
Play was soon back at the opposite end of the pitch and Dutton slotted two more to take her match tally to four.
The eighth and final goal came five minutes from time.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The Clevedon defence failed to effectively clear the ball and it fell to Sarah Roberts who showed delightful control before powering it beyond the goalkeeper and into the Clevedon net.
SOHC coach Gus McVey said: “The ladies served up a superb brand of attacking hockey and some of the goals were of the highest standard. Every one of the players on duty contributed to a memorable all-round team effort.”
The ladies are in action tomorrow (October 18) with a game against Clifton III.
The match takes place at King’s School, Ottery St Mary with push back at 12.30pm.
Further details on all the clubs teams fixtures can be found at www.sidmouthandotteryhc.co.uk