SOHC ladies net seven in fine win over White Eagles
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies claimed a third win of the season when they defeated White Eagles 7-4 in a friendly encounter, their last action before the festive break, writes Ellie Marok.
After a slight panic concerning the whereabouts of the team shirts, SOHC began with high tempo to their game, attacking from the first whistle.
They were soon two goals to the good with first, Frankie Elliott calmly rounding the keeper before slotting the ball home before a rebound volley from Ellie Marok.
White Eagles hit back with a counter-attack goal that was very much against the run of play.
That merely served to draw a response from SOHC and the two goal lead was swiftly restored by a Maisie Pritchard goal and then Karen Dutton netted to make it 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Just before the break a rebound off the post saw White Eagles net their second and SOHC took a 4-2 lead into the interval.
The second half saw SOHC continue to serve up some tidy play, but they were unable to add to their tally until Jess Oliver managed to intercept an opposing 16-yard hit out to set up Amy Woodruff to make it 5-2.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
There were four further goals in the match with Ellie Marok and Sam Parkyn netting for SOHC and White Eagles responding with two of their own.
Throughout the contest SOHC played in a relaxed fashion. The defence of Sophie Hudson, Beth Ford, Katie Ackland and Katie Jackson looked solid and they all distributed the ball well to both midfield and attacking lines.
The ladies’ return to action on January 9, when they entertain Okehampton at Ottery in another friendly match.
Last, but certainly not least, a very merry Christmas to everyone from all at SOHC ladies’.