SOHC ladies power to cup success against Teign
SOHC 4, Teign 0 Sidmouth and Ottery ladies’ senior team powered to a clean sheet cup success against a side that sit above them in the league, with a confident all-round show, writes Emily Ackland.
In a bright start Lea Pidgeon fired SOHC into a fifth minute lead, slotting the ball home between the goalkeeper’s legs! With a solid look about them in all areas, the home side began to move the ball about in style.
It was after another sequence of short, and sharp, passing, that a Chrissie Mitchell shot was stopped a Teign player’s foot and a penalty flick was given. Lea Pidgeon duly slammed the ball home to double the lead.
Teign began to lose their shape and their frustration clearly grew as they found no way through an impressive SOHC defence of Jess Allen, Maisie Pritchard, Emily Ackland and Ellie Marok.
Numerous short corners were given to Teign, but the defence stayed strong and, with the confident Hayley Dellasalle behind them in goal, never looked like conceding!
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Bishop skilfully made her way up the pitch with support from the midfield, Sophie Jackson, Annabelle Clay, Lucy Broad and Sara Roberts which led to Nicky Bishop arriving in the D from where she fired home to make it 3-0 at the break.
Teign started the second half in a determined mood with some good passing. SOHC were well organised and denied them time and space before gradually regaining control. Nicky Bishop made another run up the left into the D before netting her second to complete the scoring.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
The support from the crowd was very much appreciated and helped spur on Sidmouth and Ottery ladies to a famous win!