SOHC ladies share four goals with visiting ECVH in friendly encounter
- Credit: Archant
SOHC ladies 1st XI 2, ECVH 2 SOHC ladies senior eleven shared four goals in a friendly prior to resuming their Central League campaign this coming Saturday against Taunton Vale III at Ottery St Mary (noon).
SOHC started with a high tempo to their game producing some good link-up play from midfield attacking the oppositions circle. The early enterprise paid off when a loose ball in the D was thumped home by Nicky Bishop.
The visitors responded well and soon levelled leaving the hosts in little doubt that they’d have to work hard to take the match spoils!
Sara Roberts and Ellie Marok made some impressive runs in the midfield and from one such raid the home lead was restored.
A Bishop shot from the top of the D was heading wide, but Jodie Parsons skilfully deflected the ball into the net from the right post.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, once again the lead was short lived for the visitors levelled almost immediately to send the sides into the interval all square.
The second half was less eventful, with no more goals being scored. The SOHC full backs Emily Ackland and Jess Allen had to deal with a lot of pressure, including several short corners. On the odd occasion that the visitors did break through they were unable to get the better of SOHC keeper Hayley Dellaselle who made some fine saves.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
At the other end of the pitch Maisie Pritchard made some superb runs and was unlucky not to score in a one-on-one with the visiting keeper.