SOHC men’s 1st team power to Robinsons B success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 1st XI flew the club flag highest last weekend when they won well at home.
The team saw off Robinsons B to the tune of a 7-1 score line, recording their first win at Sidmouth this season – they had previously won one home game this term, that an Ottery St Mary fixture.
Tomorrow, the 1st XI entertain Wooton Bassett at Sidmouth (noon).
The men’s 2nd XI went down 5-2 at Torbay, this a sixth successive defeat. They are again away tomorrow when they visit Bodmin.
The third XI were 4-2 victors at Dart A - their first win since November 14th and their fourth win of the season. Tomorrow they host Chard at Ottery (2pm) looking to avenge a 4-2 defeat in Somerset back in October.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s fourth XI lost 3-1 at home to Yeovil and Sherborne B last Saturday, but they can go into tomorrow’s game at Bridgwater C in good heart for they beat the Somerset side 3-2 when they met at Sidmouth in October.
The men’s fifth team sat out last weekend’s match day. Tomorrow they make the short trip to Exeter to meet Isca E.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The ladies action last Saturday was limited to an outing for the 2nd XI who lost 5-0 at home to Teign II.
Tomorrow the 2nd XI travel to meet Exe III who beat them 6-0 at Ottery in October. The 2nd XI have only played three games since November 21st! The ladies 1st XI had their match at Old Bristolians last weekend postponed and tomorrow they are at Ottery with a 12.30pm kick-off for their game with Taw Valley who won the first meeting this season 4-1.
The ladies’ third team are at home tomorrow when they host Exe IV at Sidmouth (10.30am) and the ladies fourth team entertain a Honiton Hornets side that thrashed them 12-0 when they met back in early October.
SOHC are mourning the recent loss of Gerald Skinner who was very much etched into the fabric of all things SOHC.
His hockey roots were in the former Sidmouth Hockey Club and his infectious enthusiasm for the sport was felt by all who came into contact with him.
After playing Gerald turned to umpiring and he continued to take charge of matches until the end of the 2014/15 season.
Gerald will be sadly missed and the club were well supported at a packed East Devon Crematorium (Whimple) earlier this week.