SOHC men’s 1st XI set for big weekend
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 1st XI are set for a massive double-header weekend with Saturday’s league match at Sidmouth, when they take on Marlborough (noon) followed the next day by a trip to Plymouth for a Devon Cup semi-final tie against Plymouth University A.
The match is being played at Lipson Community College with a 2.30pm start time.
The students ply their trade in Southern Two Division where they currently sit fourth. Since the turn of the year they have played eight league matches, winning five and losing three.
The SOHC men’s senior side are in great form having won their last six matches and they are now unbeaten in eight since a January 9, 3-1 defeat at Old Bristolians.
SOHC men’s 2nd XI travel to Okehampton and the third XI entertain Minehead at Ottery (12.30pm).The fourth XI are away at Chard B and the fifth team host ECVH at Ottery (2pm).
You may also want to watch:
All four of the SOHC ladies’ teams slipped to defeat last weekend. That takes the matches lost this season across all four ladies’ teams to 46 out of the 67 matches the teams have contested this season. Tomorrow (Saturday) the ladies 1st team travel to Mid Somerset who they beat 3-2 at Sidmouth in November.
The 2nd XI entertain Dartmouth at Sidmouth (10.30am), the thirds host Torbay II at Ottery (11am) and the fourth eleven go to Exe IV.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution