SOHC men’s 2nd XI edged out in final warm-up game
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 2nd XI were edged out 2-1 by East Devon 2nds.
A warm afternoon for the final pre-league warm-up game certainly meant that fitness would be put to the test!
Josh Miller and Treeve Harris were promoted into the side to give the starting XI a more youthful look. The team was also boosted by the return of a couple of ‘old faces’ – with the inclusion of Ben Foley and Ian Brown.
SOHC started very tentatively, giving East Devon a lot of time on the ball and this allowed them to push forward and take the lead.
Slowly, but surely, SOHC bagged a foothold in the contest and, with good work from Nick ‘walkabout’ Goode, James Broad and JD, in the middle of the pitch, they began to make an impression.
You may also want to watch:
The equaliser arrived from a penalty corner, but the lead was regained by East Devon just five minutes later to leave all three of the match goals being scored in the first half.
In what became a solid all-round team performance there was an impressive shift in the forward line from Luke Tierney.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections