SOHC men’s 2nd XI edged out in final warm-up game
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 2nd XI were edged out 2-1 by East Devon 2nds.
A warm afternoon for the final pre-league warm-up game certainly meant that fitness would be put to the test!
Josh Miller and Treeve Harris were promoted into the side to give the starting XI a more youthful look. The team was also boosted by the return of a couple of ‘old faces’ – with the inclusion of Ben Foley and Ian Brown.
SOHC started very tentatively, giving East Devon a lot of time on the ball and this allowed them to push forward and take the lead.
Slowly, but surely, SOHC bagged a foothold in the contest and, with good work from Nick ‘walkabout’ Goode, James Broad and JD, in the middle of the pitch, they began to make an impression.
You may also want to watch:
The equaliser arrived from a penalty corner, but the lead was regained by East Devon just five minutes later to leave all three of the match goals being scored in the first half.
In what became a solid all-round team performance there was an impressive shift in the forward line from Luke Tierney.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences