SOHC men’s 2nd XI suffer disappointment at hands of West Dorset
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 2nd XI’s mixed start to the South East One season continued with a home defeat to a strong West Dorset side at Sidmouth College, writes Greg Seward.
The away side started the game very well, and found themselves 2-0 up early on in the first half, with the home side unable to impose themselves on the game, lacking the rhythm and passing accuracy seen previously in the last home game.
A well-taken third goal from the visitors just before the break prompted a change in formation, after a discussion between some key senior players and the stand-in captain.
The switch brought a much better performance from the home team, and the score line soon changed to 3-1 after a back post finish from Ade Brooker.
Unfortunately, no further goals were to come, despite some good performances from the 2nd's young players, leaving much to work on in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Saturday) the men's 2nd XI travel to meet East Devon A, who are one of just three teams still sporting an unbeaten record this season. East Devon A have won both their opening home games beating Minehead A 4-2 and North Devon, who they met last Saturday, 5-1.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17