SOHC men’s 2nd XI suffer disappointment at hands of West Dorset
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 2nd XI’s mixed start to the South East One season continued with a home defeat to a strong West Dorset side at Sidmouth College, writes Greg Seward.
The away side started the game very well, and found themselves 2-0 up early on in the first half, with the home side unable to impose themselves on the game, lacking the rhythm and passing accuracy seen previously in the last home game.
A well-taken third goal from the visitors just before the break prompted a change in formation, after a discussion between some key senior players and the stand-in captain.
The switch brought a much better performance from the home team, and the score line soon changed to 3-1 after a back post finish from Ade Brooker.
Unfortunately, no further goals were to come, despite some good performances from the 2nd's young players, leaving much to work on in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Saturday) the men's 2nd XI travel to meet East Devon A, who are one of just three teams still sporting an unbeaten record this season. East Devon A have won both their opening home games beating Minehead A 4-2 and North Devon, who they met last Saturday, 5-1.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 8 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project