SOHC 4ths score three away goals but end up beaten by top-of-the-table Chard
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s fourth team put in a great performance against a top-of-the-table Chard side, but came out on the wrong side of a 5-3 score line, writes Andrew Coley.
With 15 players at his disposal for the contest, captain Dan Weedon worked out a rough rolling substitutes plan to keep as many players as fresh as possible.
Unfortunately, SOHC made a slow start that was punished by a slick home side that struck twice inside the first 10 minutes. However, once SOHC settled into the contest they matched the league leaders in a lot of the play.
The younger members of the side acquitted themselves well, with Will Harris, Charlie Piper and Lawrence Walker working well together in midfield.
There were also good performances from Elliott Bowyer, Matt Jeacock, Sam Lefebvre and Kishan Prasad.
You may also want to watch:
Chard extended their lead to three before Nigel Dupain got one back from a short corner.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 7 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 10 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project