SOHC 4ths score three away goals but end up beaten by top-of-the-table Chard
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s fourth team put in a great performance against a top-of-the-table Chard side, but came out on the wrong side of a 5-3 score line, writes Andrew Coley.
With 15 players at his disposal for the contest, captain Dan Weedon worked out a rough rolling substitutes plan to keep as many players as fresh as possible.
Unfortunately, SOHC made a slow start that was punished by a slick home side that struck twice inside the first 10 minutes. However, once SOHC settled into the contest they matched the league leaders in a lot of the play.
The younger members of the side acquitted themselves well, with Will Harris, Charlie Piper and Lawrence Walker working well together in midfield.
There were also good performances from Elliott Bowyer, Matt Jeacock, Sam Lefebvre and Kishan Prasad.
You may also want to watch:
Chard extended their lead to three before Nigel Dupain got one back from a short corner.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections