SOHC men’s 4th XI see two-goal slip as they lose to Taunton Civil Service
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s fourth team let slip a 2-0 lead as they were beaten 3-2 at home by Taunton Civil Service in a South East Two meeting.
SOHC began the game on the front foot, controlling long passages of play and it was no more than their adventure and industry deserved when Richard Lucas opened the scoring with a good shot from the edge of the area.
This was followed up soon after by Steve Ellison, who was well placed to put the ball in the back of the goal.
However, Taunton CS started to gain greater control and they halved the deficit before the break.
In the second half, SOHC continued to push forward with confidence but could not convert their possession into goals.
You may also want to watch:
As the half progressed, so Taunton got one back and as the match neared the end, they scored again to win 3-2.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!