SOHC men’s fifth team bank point from Ashmoor meeting
- Credit: Archant
The men’s third team went down 11-0 to a powerful Ashmoor side.
SOHC did play some fine hockey and contributed to the contest.
The team did find themselves short of a goalkeeping kit, but the ladies team came to the rescue to loan kit to ensure the goalkeeper was duly kitted out!
The men’s fifth team bagged another terrific point after a 1-1 draw with Ashmoor. That makes it just one defeat in the last four for the side.
The goal was scored by Jasper Chun and, particularly in the first half, there was some excellent play from the team.
You may also want to watch:
The following day the fifth team played again with a trip to Yeovil where they were beaten by the odd goal in three.
A well-rehearsed corner routine saw Steve Ellison fire SOHC into a third minute lead.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Euan Webber had the chance to double the advantage, but his penalty flick was splendidly saved by the home glovesman.
SOHC continued to dominate throughout an impressive first half show, but were unable to find further goals and so took their one goal advantage into the interval.
After the break the home side levelled from a penalty corner and followed that up with a slick team move and clinical finish to seal the points.
Special thanks are due to Jack Ellison and Sam Lefebvre for turning out to help the team and to Dan Weedon for wearing the goalie pads again.