SOHC men’s fifth team make it five wins from five
- Credit: Archant
The men’s fifth team of Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club claimed all the points when they took their longest journey north in the league, to Wells to take on Mid Somerset.
The home side struggled to turn out a team and played without a goalkeeper and with only 10 outfield players, but some were highly skilled.
SOHC took an early lead with Steve Ellison scoring from a good through pass but the visitors were pegged back mid-way through the half when Mid Somerset scored.
Although not playing their best hockey of the season, SOHC took the lead again when Andrew Coley got a touch on the edge of the area which was just enough for the ball to trickle over the undefended goal line.
Early in the second half, the visitors conceded again, but did not let it deter them and Rob Wilson scored well from an Ellison cross.
You may also want to watch:
Coley doubled his tally for the match soon after and while SOHC conceded one more, they held on to claim the points and make it five games and five wins, with the first round of matches completed.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown