SOHC men’s fourth team - good display but no points!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club’s men’s fourth XI came out second best to a visiting West Dorset side, despite showing some good skills at times.
With a side made up of veterans and youngsters, the side created some chances in a competitive game but it was the visitors who drew first and second blood.
At the half-time team talk, captain Paul Baker highlighted some of the good play the team had produced and urged them to greater things.
Initially, the response was for the visitors to score again but SOHC were determined to get back into the game.
Pressing forward, they won a short corner and Nigel Dupain’s firm strike beat the keeper to grab one back.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after, another good attack down the right ended with Richard Lucas scoring from close range to raise hopes of nicking a point.
The continued to maintain the pressure but West Dorset were able to put together a free-flowing attack to score again and confirm the result.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
The side travels away to play Chard on Saturday, still in search of their first points of 2016.