SOHC men’s in-house derby serves up eight goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
The South East Three in-house derby between Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s fourth and fifth teams, produced eight goals.
Playing to a capacity crowd (the dugouts would have been full if it had been raining), both teams were playing their final match of the season.
It was a competitive encounter and remained even for the early stages until the fourths scored slightly against the run of play and then again soon after.
A third before the break and two early in the second half saw the fourth team into a commanding 5-0 lead.
The fifth team dug deep and, when captain Dockers stepped up to score from a short corner, the margin was down to four goals.
You may also want to watch:
The five goal was margin was restored, but the fifth team, who gave as good as they got throughout an entertaining encounter bagged a second when Andrew Coley scored a reverse stick shot.
The ninth and final goal of the game, also scored by the fifth team, arrived when Wilf Chunn scored at far post from a well-timed pass across the face of the goal.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
The fourth teams goals were scored by Treeve Harris (2), Cai Williams, Peter Rider, Jon Mutter and George Mutter.
It was a good competitive match, played in good spirit and a positive end to the season in terms of player development. Well done to all concerned, and a round of thanks to captains and coaches for all their hard work throughout another most enjoyable season.