SOHC men’s teams return to league action after the festive break
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club men’s teams all return to league action after the festive break this Saturday (January 13).
The 1st XI did have a game last Saturday when they took on a Bridgwater XI in a friendly that the Somerset side won 5-3.
SOHC sit proudly top of the Southern Two table, leading the way by a full eight points after playing 12 of the 22 game season.
They launch the second half of their campaign with a visit to Ottery from fourth-placed Caradon, who they beat 1-0 when the pair met in Cornwall back in October. Kick-off at Ottery is 12.30pm.
SOHC go into the game still unbeaten in the league this term and they also sport near identical home and away records, with their six home games seeing them having won five and drawn one, scoring 18 goals and conceding just four, while away they also have five wins and a draw from six outings and they have also scored 18 goals, conceding just three.
You may also want to watch:
The 2nd XI are currently second bottom of the Southern Two table, some four points below the third bottom side.
They travel to Plymouth to meet OPM (1.30pm). OPM sit fifth and beat SOHC 4-1 when the pair met in East Devon in October. They have suffered just one defeat at home all season – that to SOHC’s first team, who defeated them 5-1 in November.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
SOHC third XI are in action at St Lukes School in Exeter, taking on East Devon C in a South East meeting that kicks-off at 1pm.
When they visited Ottery earlier in the campaign, the Exeter-based side won 2-1.
SOHC fourth XI are in Ottery action (2pm) when they meet Yeovil and Sherborne B.
SOHC fourth XI have enjoyed just a single win to their name this season so far, but that did come in their away game at Yeovil and Sherborne in October when they beat the Somerset side 3-2.
The currently all-conquering SOHC fifth team, who lead the South East Three table by a dozen points, having won 10 and drawn one of their 11 games so far this season, are in action at Ottery (3.30pm) with a game against fourth-placed Bridgwater.
The pair have met twice already this season with SOHC winning the first game – also played at home – 9-1 and then triumphing 4-1 in Somerset in November.