SOHC men’s third team edge out 4th XI in league ‘in-house’ derby
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s third and fourth teams met in the second of this season’s South East Two ‘in-house’ derby fixtures, writes Andrew Coley.
It’s fair to say the fourths haven’t had the best of seasons but they were determined to give the home team a run for their money, even if they did nick Wilf Chun and Matt Sheridan to play for them.
The fourths took a little time to settle into the game and in that time the thirds scored twice with goals from Alex and Matthew Offer-hoar. After that it was a much more even game with the fourths forcing a few saves from Paddy Maher.
The fourths did grab one back before the interval with Rich Lucas knocking in from the edge of the area.
In the second half, the thirds restored the two-goal advantage with a well-worked short corner routine that Josh Cressall scored from.
You may also want to watch:
The fourths never gave up and scored a late goal with Woody Thorpe’s shot just creeping over the line.
Paddy was called into action a few more times but the fourths couldn’t score an equaliser so it ended 3-2 to the home side.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Fourth team captain Dan Weedon said he was proud of the fourth team display and particularly the effort put in by the younger players who have developed so much over the season.