SOHC men’s third team edged out in close contest at Isca E
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth & Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s third team travelled to Exeter to take on Isca E in a South East Two contest and, despite competing for long periods, lost 1-0.
With several regulars unavailable, and the fourth team not playing, Paul Baker, Nigel Dupain, Steve Harris and Andrew Coley all stepped in and raised the average age of the team quite significantly!
Skipper Dilly Olive set up the team with Sam Lefebvre up front but with Peter Milmer and Charlie Piper having licence to push high. Alex Brassington took up the sweeper role at the top of the defence.
The formation worked well to start with, as pressure was applied but mid-way through the half Isca scored on the break.
Isca took a degree of control as the half went on but couldn't extend their lead.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, the thirds got back into the swing of things and applied pressure for much of the half.
Lefebvre and Piper both had difficult chances to level the scores and on occasion, some resolute defending was needed, but Paddy Maher's skills weren't called on very often, but he reacted well when they were. James Plant also had a good game and put in some timely tackles.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Unfortunately, the thirds couldn't make their attacks count and missed out on any points.