SOHC men’s third team see off Bridgwater C
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s second XI went down 9-1 when they came up against a well-drilled Truro team.
The Cornish side controlled much of the contest, but SOHC carried a threat when they countered and got in the D.
On the day the biggest failing for the team was the inability to hold onto the ball and find a pass.
Truro deserve plenty of credit for the way they pressed the whole game and gave SOHC no time on the ball.
A highlight for SOHC to take from the contest was a fine goal from Henry Gater.
You may also want to watch:
There was better news for the SOHC men’s third team as they defeated Bridgwater C 3-2.
A massive plus for the thirds was that they really did not play anywhere near as well as they can and yet they still managed to secure the points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
All three of the SOHC goals were scored during the absence of the Bridgwater goalkeeper after he picked up a yellow card.
The goals were scored by Greg Seward, James Broad and Dan Vincent.