SOHC men’s third XI bag fine draw at ECV Hornets B
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s third team recorded an excellent result when they drew 1-1 at the home of third-in-the-table ECV Hornets B in a South East Two meeting.
On Saturday (March 17), SOHC thirds entertain West Dorset A, who they shared four goals with in their first meeting this season.
Seventh placed West Dorset will begin the game sitting one place above SOHC, but, with the teams currently having the same number of points, a home win would see them swap places in the table.
SOHC thirds will bring the curtain down on their league campaign the week after (March 24) when they host Bridgwater C.
SOHC fourths gained sweet revenge for a 5-2 defeat at Minehead before Christmas by beating the Somerset side 4-2 in what was their final home game of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The win means that although SOHC stay bottom, they are now just a single point behind Minehead.
Tomorrow, the fourth team travel to meet a Chard A side that beat them 3-0 when the pair met in East Devon in December.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The week after, the fourth team wrap up their league campaign with a trip to Taunton Vale D.