SOHC men’s third XI battle well in defeat to ECVH
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 3rd XI travelled to Exeter and Culm Vale Hornets (ECVH) in Exeter and ended up on the wrong end of a 4-0 score line, writes Andrew Coley.
Although some of the regulars were unavailable, the side started the game with some control on the play but despite applying pressure in the opposition area, they did not manage to get many shots on goal.
And almost against the run of play, it was ECVH who took the lead with a swift passing move up the pitch.
The thirds battled on but two goals in two minutes, late in the half put Hornets in control going into the break.
In the second half, captain Simon Olive swapped positions with Steve Harris, and for a time, the side was able to create some chances, but the home side was up to the task of keeping a clean sheet.
You may also want to watch:
There was one further goal score by the hosts who were denied further by some excellent SOHC defending.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support