SOHC men’s 1st XI beaten at Yeovil & Sherborne
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 1st XI suffered a 4-0 defeat when they visited Yeovil and Sherborne for their latest Conference South outing.
The home side was well drilled and controlled much of the play although SOHC played better in the second half.
There was also a defeat, albeit a narrow one for the SOHC men's second team, who went down 1-0 to Chard. This was a frustrating match throughout for SOHC who were unable to create many clear cut chances. After this defeat, SOHC men's 2nd team remain in the bottom half of South East One.
The men's fourth team also went down, but they did battle very well against South East Two table-topping Chard who eventually beat them 5-3.
The SOHC scorers were Nigel Dupain, Charlie Piper and Woody Thorp.
You may also want to watch:
The team battled hard, but were beaten by a team in form and, after this defeat, they remain near the bottom of the division.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club