SOHC men suffer first defeat since January in game at Okehampton
- Credit: Archant
Having taken four points with a win and a draw in their opening two games, SOHC men’s first team suffered their first defeat since January when beaten 3-0 at Okehampton.
The SOHC cause was not helped by the fact that they travelled missing a number of regular players and they soon found themselves two goals down! The first was a clinical centre forward finish and the second was a penalty corner that was blasted past a helpless Eddie Rudolph, who was making his debut.
Things got worse for SOHC with a green card for Lee Clayden followed by a yellow for Josh Miller.
The team dug deep and even created a number of penalty corners. However, a goal was not forthcoming and half-time arrived with the home side leading 2-0.
During the break, SOHC tweaked their formation in a bid to get back into the contest.
You may also want to watch:
They created a number of ultimately wasted short corner opportunities and the home side added a late third from a penalty corner to seal victory.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge