SOHC men take centre stage in latest round of hockey action
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) and who plays who on the second Saturday of December.
There’s no league action for the ladies’ teams this Saturday (December 12) as their campaign has now moved into the mid-season break.
That puts the spotlight firmly on the men with the first team in action at Sidmouth (noon) with a game against a North Somerset side that thrashed them 8-1 when the pair met in September.
The men’s second team travel to face a Tavistock side that beaten them 2-0 earlier in the season.
The men’s third team, beaten 1-0 by East Devon last weekend, travel to Ashmoor A looking to seal a season’s double after their 3-2 win over them at Ottery in September.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s fourth team, beaten last weekend (see report below) have no game tomorrow and are next in action after the festive break with a January 9 visit to Teignmouth.
The men’s fifth team were 6-1 winners at ECVH C.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
Tomorrow they travel to East Devon D looking to add to their current splendid run of being unbeaten in three games.
The ladies’ first team won last weekend, beating White Eagles 7-4 at Sidmouth and they return to action on January 9 with a home game against Okehampton.
The 2nd team drew 1-1 in their home match against White Eagles and they will commence the second half of their campaign in the New Year at Taunton CS.
The ladies’ third team were beaten 1-0 at home by Teign III and they will be back in action on January 9 at home to Okehampton.
The ladies’ fourth team drew 3-3 sat Dart last weekend and they next play on January 9 at ISCA V.