SOHC teams face day of destiny as league season comes to an end
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOH) men’s and ladies teams, bring down the curtain on their respective 2016/17 league campaigns on Saturday (March 25).
There is much to play for on the final match day with the men’s senior side looking to secure a victory that would keep them in Central One.
They gave themselves a fighting chance with a 2-1 victory at Team Bath last weekend and will stay in the division by avoiding defeat in their Ottery St Mary meeting with Old Bristolians that kicks-off at 12.30pm.
The ladies first team recorded the big surprise score in the Petroc Division One last Saturday with a stunning 6-0 win over champions Exe III who were beaten for the –first time in the campaign. That result also meant SOHC ladies went the entire league season unbeaten at home.
A point tomorrow in their game at Teign II will see them secure the runners-up spot.
You may also want to watch:
SOHC ladies II, already guaranteed runners-up spot in Sedgemoor Division Two, end their campaign at basement side, yet to win Taunton Vale V.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank