SOHC - this weekend’s matches
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club team’s are back into their respective league programmes and there is a busy weekend ahead for the men’s and ladies’ teams, particularly the men’s first team.
The men have a double header with Saturday’s league game against Okehampton at Sidmouth (noon) followed 24 hours later by another Sidmouth encounter, this time in the Devon Cup with Ashmoor the opposition and a place in the semi-finals at stake.
The men’s second team, who drew 3-3 at home to OPM last weekend, travel to Bude. When the two team’s met at Ottery in October, Bude were 4-1 winners.
The men’s third team, 2-0 winners last weekend against ECVH B travel to face a Chard side that beat them 7-2 at Ottery earlier in the season.
SOHC men’s fourth’s, 9-3 winners of the in-house derby against the fifth team last Saturday, host Chard at Ottery (2pm) looking to avenge a 7-0 defeat when the sides met last October in Somerset whilst the club’s fifth team travel to Minehead B who they beat 5-2 at Sidmouth back on October 11.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies first team will be the keenest to play this weekend no doubt for the have not seen meaningful action since November 29!
They entertain Old Bristolians at Ottery St Mary with a 12.30 kick-off.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
The second team, beaten 8-3 last time out at home to Dartmouth, travel to face a Dawlish side that forfeited their earlier season meeting!
SOHC ladies third team, without a game last weekend because of a frozen pitch meet Dart II with this game being played in Exeter and the ladies fourth team , beaten 7-2 at Okehampton last Saturday, entertain Dart III at Sidmouth (10.30am).