SOHC - this weekend’s matches
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club team’s are back into their respective league programmes and there is a busy weekend ahead for the men’s and ladies’ teams, particularly the men’s first team.
The men have a double header with Saturday’s league game against Okehampton at Sidmouth (noon) followed 24 hours later by another Sidmouth encounter, this time in the Devon Cup with Ashmoor the opposition and a place in the semi-finals at stake.
The men’s second team, who drew 3-3 at home to OPM last weekend, travel to Bude. When the two team’s met at Ottery in October, Bude were 4-1 winners.
The men’s third team, 2-0 winners last weekend against ECVH B travel to face a Chard side that beat them 7-2 at Ottery earlier in the season.
SOHC men’s fourth’s, 9-3 winners of the in-house derby against the fifth team last Saturday, host Chard at Ottery (2pm) looking to avenge a 7-0 defeat when the sides met last October in Somerset whilst the club’s fifth team travel to Minehead B who they beat 5-2 at Sidmouth back on October 11.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies first team will be the keenest to play this weekend no doubt for the have not seen meaningful action since November 29!
They entertain Old Bristolians at Ottery St Mary with a 12.30 kick-off.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
The second team, beaten 8-3 last time out at home to Dartmouth, travel to face a Dawlish side that forfeited their earlier season meeting!
SOHC ladies third team, without a game last weekend because of a frozen pitch meet Dart II with this game being played in Exeter and the ladies fourth team , beaten 7-2 at Okehampton last Saturday, entertain Dart III at Sidmouth (10.30am).