SOHC Under-10 boys impress at Exeter competition
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) Under-10 boys took part in a tournament at Exeter.
The team began their day with a 2-0 victory over Exe with both goals scored by Soren who would have had a hat-trick but for a superb save by the Exe goalkeeper.
Next up a close encounter with East Devon that saw the SOHC lads play very well as a team, working the ball around the pitch with pace and precision and they were unfortunate that their efforts were not rewarded with a goal as the match ended 0-0.
Next up were ISCA and once again it was a mighty close contest with just one goal scored – sadly for the SOHC boys – by ISCA.
Okehampton proved to be a strong opposition and, despite some terrific defensive play and some slick counter attacking with good passing and movement into space, SOHC went down 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
The fifth and final game saw the team win their second match as they defeated ISCA 2-1. It was another fine all-round performance with young Soren again the goal scorer, netting both the SOHC goals.
Throughout the days action Fin Aust, who had offered to play in goal, made a superb contribution to proceedings.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The team, as a whole, are continuing to show real improvement in all areas of the game.