SOHC Under-10 boys impress at Exeter competition
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) Under-10 boys took part in a tournament at Exeter.
The team began their day with a 2-0 victory over Exe with both goals scored by Soren who would have had a hat-trick but for a superb save by the Exe goalkeeper.
Next up a close encounter with East Devon that saw the SOHC lads play very well as a team, working the ball around the pitch with pace and precision and they were unfortunate that their efforts were not rewarded with a goal as the match ended 0-0.
Next up were ISCA and once again it was a mighty close contest with just one goal scored – sadly for the SOHC boys – by ISCA.
Okehampton proved to be a strong opposition and, despite some terrific defensive play and some slick counter attacking with good passing and movement into space, SOHC went down 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
The fifth and final game saw the team win their second match as they defeated ISCA 2-1. It was another fine all-round performance with young Soren again the goal scorer, netting both the SOHC goals.
Throughout the days action Fin Aust, who had offered to play in goal, made a superb contribution to proceedings.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
The team, as a whole, are continuing to show real improvement in all areas of the game.