SOHC Under-14 girls so impressive in Torbay tournament
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) Under-14 girls served up an excellent all-round performance when they travelled to Torquay Grammar School to take part in a tournament.
It was a case of ‘everyone stepping forward with an upped game’ as the SOHC youngsters won two, drew one and lost just the one – and that to a single goal – in their four games.
Amy Scott and Abbie French were a constant threat with great movement and tenacity in their forward roles while Macy Parsons and Lydia Gammon were a dynamic pairing in midfield, distributing, shooting and defending at pace.
Martha Goodal showed real promise in midfield and upfront and Jess Perry was marvellously versatile showing some terrific playmaking skills.
Leonie Morgan was her ever solid self in her defensive role and Karhys Flemington was not only brilliantly reliable in defence, but dynamic in driving through the middle to put a few dangerous balls into the D. Amy Davies marshalled the team with real discipline and organisational skills from the back and was also sharp and nimble when put under any sort of pressure.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of the actual results; Exe were beaten 2-0 and Torbay were toppled 4-0. Then game with Plymouth ended 0-0 and that lone reversal was a 1-0 defeat to Ashmoor.
The goals were scored by Amy Scott (2), Abbie French (2), Macy Parsons and Lydia Gammon.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
One of the accompanying adults said after the girls supreme efforts: “Brilliant work girls, you are becoming a stronger team as each tournament goes by and as always a huge thanks are also due to George Harvey Powell for umpiring and coaching.”