Somerset CC release Ben Green to play for Devon in Sundays big game at Sidmouth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Somerset have released Ben Green to play for Devon in Sunday’s Unicorns KO Trophy quarter-final against holders Berkshire at Sidmouth, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
When Devon picked a squad earlier this week there was a question mark over Green, who has been in stunning form with bat and ball for Exeter in league cricket this season.
Green has been part of Somerset’s 50-over Royal London One-Day Cup squads recently and Devon were unsure if he would be available to them.
Somerset have given their blessing for Green to represent his home county and he has been added to a provisional squad of 14.
Devon have doubts over the fitness of Paignton paceman George Benton (shins), who dropped out of the T20 qualifiers against Dorset two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Otherwise, skipper Josh Bess has no injury worries, just the issue of whom to leave out on the day.
The squad was already expanded by the return of James Burke, the former Somerset and Surrey all-rounder, who was not available for the first-round win over Wiltshire.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Devon reached the same stage of the competition last season, bowing out to Lincolnshire by five wickets at Grantham.
If Devon can dispose of the holders on Sunday they will be at home to either Oxfordshire or Suffolk in the last four on July 1.
Devon (from): J J Bess (Sidmouth), M W Thompson (St Fagans), A W R Barrow, B G F Green (both Exeter), L J Lewis (Heathcoat), J E Burke (Plymouth), Z G G Bess (Sidmouth), G R Chappell (Bradninch0, J E Thompson (Congresbury), J O Hagan-Burt (Plymouth), G Benton (Paignton), T J R Codd (Bovey Tracey), S Barlow (Sidmouth0, J R Popham (North Devon).