South West Peninsula League football – how many matches remain to be played this season
- Credit: Archant
The first Saturday of March saw an unprecedented wiping out of the entire South West Peninsula League programme with not a single game played in any of the three divisions.
The new ‘wipe out’ means still more fixtures having to be found new dates in what is an already congested end of season run in.
Sidmouth Town only have nine games left to play in their campaign – that is also the number Budleigh Salterton have left to play and no one has fewer than that left. The team with the most games remaining is Torridgeside who have 16 left to play – exactly half their league campaign.
This season has seen precious few matches played across the past three months.
In the Premier Division February saw only 20 games played, but that was far more than the six played during the month of January while only 21 were played in December.
You may also want to watch:
It was a similar case in the Eastern Division with 13 played in both February and January and only 21 played throughout December.
Contrast the fact then that 94 matches were played across the Premier Division and Eastern Division in the three months of December, January and February against the 213 matches that were played during the previous three months - September through to November.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
There remain 157 Premier Division games still to be played this season while the matches outstanding in the Eastern Division stands at 102.
This is the month-by-month matches played in both the Premier Division and the Eastern Division since day one of the season.
Premier Division – matches played month-by-month