SRC quartet take part in the Greenbow Exmouth Land and Sea Race.
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Organised by Greenbow, the Exmouth Land and Sea Race is a 5k race that starts and finishes on the Exmouth Esplanade, writes Hamish Spence.
It takes the runners along the seafront to the beach, where there is a choice of soft sand with a slightly shorter route or firmer sand making it easier to run on, but slightly further.
Then there is a short burst along Queens Drive and then back the same way, with the same choices to make.
With fine and warm weather, four SRC members turned out to compete in this event. Terry Bewes, Kat Hall and Suzi Rockey chose to take the longer but firmer route with Antony Hall opting for the shorter.
Antony regretted this choice fairly quickly, as the soft sand was much harder to run through! However, Antony held a very good position all the way through retaining fifth place on the turn-around-point on Queens Drive.
You may also want to watch:
It goes without saying that he chose the firmer but longer route back to the finish.
He picked off two more runners to finish in third place in a time of 21:07.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Kat Hall finished 40th in 30:04; Suzie Rockey was 44th in 30:41 and Terry Bewes came home a very respectable 49th in 31:33.