Stableford win for Seed
GOLF: George Seed stormed to a three-point victory in Division One of the March stableford at Lyme Regis Golf Club.
Seed scored an impressive 40 points off a handicap of two. Simon Vincent on 37 points came second with Keith Gibson third on 36 points.
Division Two was much tighter as Steve Piper just pipped Malcolm Wilson on countback, both with 38 points; David Binns was third with 36.
In the midweek stableford, Stephen Buxton kept the two juniors at bay by scoring 38 points to win ahead of Stuart Wight (36) and Seed (35).
The ladies’ flag competition, going as far round the course using your handicapped shots, was won by Di Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The junior stableford saw three new names on the leaderboard as Ben Prosser powered to victory with 43 points.
Oliver Pennington (40) came second ahead of Jonathan Day in third with 36pts.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!