Stamp is superb as Sidmouth Raiders hold table-topping Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s were forced to share the spoils when they met top-of-the-league Crediton.
Sidmouth began well with George Salter and Jake Jones central to their early play. Crediton counter-attacked well, bit got no change out of the stonewall defending of Louis Stamp and Ben Scrivens.
The deadlock was broken when a sweet left foot pass from Scott Gibson found Thomas West and he provided the assist for new signing Dylan Lascelles to net. Ollie Jones then went close from a well-delivered Ben Latham corner. Crediton drew level before half-time.
After the break Sidmouth were awarded a penalty and Latham drilled it home to restore the lead.
Soon after, Will Lorkin, Jacob Spencer and Josh Roberts combined well leading to a Lascelles cross that was turned home by Ollie Jones.
You may also want to watch:
It was not until the closing stages that Crediton reduced the deficit with their second which set up a grandstand finish.
Isaac James made a stunning save to deny them, but the pressure eventually told with Crediton grabbing an equalising goal in the final moments. Sidmouth defender Louis Stamp was named the Man of the Match.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution