Stamp makes his mark as Town Reserves share derby spoils with Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town 3, Sidmouth Town Reserves 3 The Vikings came away from a well-contested East Devon derby with a richly deserved share of the spoils.
No quarter was given from first whistle to last in this Fresha League Division Two Monday night engagement.
Having fallen behind to an early Tim Genders goal they battled back and Doug Still scored his first senior goal after his initial effort cannoned back off the bar.
It was end to end with both sets of forwards in the ascendancy and it was the evergreen Mike Stamp who broke clear and put the visitors 2-1 ahead.
Back came Honiton and, just before the break, Ryan Dunn levelled it up with a good finish.
You may also want to watch:
The second half continued in the same way with both teams creating chances, but again it was Mike Stamp who finished well to put the Vikings 3-2 up late in the game.
Unfortunately, they couldn’t keep the hosts out and, after a goalmouth scramble, Dunn again levelled things up to complete the scoring.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Sidmouth boss Nick Ogden said: “That is seven points from our last three games. We had to dig deep and really battle hard for this draw. They caused us problems all game, but I think we caused them plenty too. A draw seemed a fair result after a decent game. Stampy (Mike Stamp) was outstanding and his running battle with Darren Witt was great to watch”.