Steve Punter grabs the top spot in first of the popular Sidmouth Jewellers event.
- Credit: Archant
Last Friday was the first round of the Sidmouth Jewellers stableford which runs in conjunction with the Friday league, writes Chris Roberts.
Due to the moist ground the event was a non-qualifier so no handicaps to be adjusted.
Steve Punter secured the win with 43 points and top spot in the league.
His round included three birdies starting with one on the first and the third and finally on the 18th, starting and finishing with a smile on his face!
James Spiller took second place with 40 points. His round also included three birdies and a pair of twos.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones took third on 39 points in which he carded a perfect nine pars on the back nine.
With three players all scoring 38 points, Carl Sheen claimed fourth after countback.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!