East Devon C 3 SOHC Men’s 6th XI 1
Sidmouth and Ottery men’s sixth are still on the hunt for their first win of the season after another defeat at the weekend.
The balance of play was mainly even throughout this game, played in Exeter, but East Devon made better use of their chances.
The home side took the lead part way through the first half and extended it as the game neared half time.
Sidmouth refused to let their heads drop and kept creating openings but were unable to convert them into goals.
You may also want to watch:
After a positive team talk at the interval, Sidmouth’s renewed vigour paid dividends as they halved the deficit in the first ten minutes.
A pass by Richard Lucas to the top of the area was taken by Andrew Coley, who struck it past the advancing keeper.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Although the visitors continued to maintain pressure, East Devon were able to secure the points with a well-taken goal.
Sidmouth take on Bridgwater D in the bottom of the table clash at home on Saturday.