Stoyle and Harcourt crowned Sidmouth seniors’ home champions
- Credit: Archant
As the Sidmouth Golf Club Seniors season draws to an end the closing competition and Dinner took place on the final Monday of September, writes Chris Grubb.
Fifty-two members participated in an American foursomes competition on a brilliant sunny day, an unusual format where teams of two players tee off then play their partners ball before reverting to alternate shots on a selected ball.
Competition was very keen with Colin Mitchell/John Carroll coming fifth with a net 61 strokes. Pop Banfield/Brian LeMesurier were foufth with 60 as were both Roger Bawden/Hugh Dorliac and Ray Gunston/John Sanders third and second respectively on countback. The eventual winners with a net score of 59 were Bob Winstone/Pat Kenny.
At the dinner, seniors captain David Bromage thanked the members for their support throughout the year and expressed his grateful thanks to the members of his committee for their work and assistance. He then proceeded to present various trophies to past winners.
The home champions were Tony Stoyle and Bruce Harcourt and the medal competition winner was Mike Davis, both of these trophies were being awarded for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
The sponsored Putter competition went to Adrian Haysom. The Charity Bowl went to Les Pratt and the Summer Cup this year was won by Vernon Ruffle.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution