Stoyle in Charles Stanley stableford success at Sidmouth
- Credit: Â© Royalty-Free/CORBIS
The relatively poorer scoring in the monthly medal on Saturday, continued into the Charles Stanley Monday Stableford, writes John Barnard.
Tony Stoyle didn’t mind though as he won the competition with 38 points, an outright win and also sufficient to win the seniors competition so double prize money this week.
I know who to look for when I get into the bar later this week.
It was a steady round from Tony, all pars and a few bogies, nothing great but no great disasters. In second place was Richard Trim with 37m points. It was a game of two halves for him.
No pars on the front nine and a few double bogies but then on the back nine, off his handicap of 18, six pars on the back nine (we will ignore the thirteenth!).
You may also want to watch:
Third was Craig Melluish with 36 points, continuing his run of getting in the prize money.
A birdie on the twelfth meant winning some money from the two’s pot and got him ahead of Luke Sheppard who had a six on the same hole; his good scoring was mainly done on the front nine.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients