Sun sets on summer bowls series
It’s been a great week for the Sidmouth ladies, despite the cold and rain, writes Jill Lewis.
Jill Lewis, Christa Turner, Paddy Wrench and Jill Bishop were joint winners of the Barlow Trophy at Exonia. Jean Brimson, Jane Painter and Eileen Hewett played and won three rounds on one day in the County Benevolent Triples at Madeira. But, unfortunately, were just beaten when they returned the following day. Well done to all of these players.
The friendly match this week was also a good win for the ladies. They played away at Chardstock, where a warm welcome awaited them, despite the very strong winds which nearly blew them off their feet at times!
A plus 16 overall result with best rink from Chris Wells, Catherine Hunt, Val Newnham 26-10; Jill Lewis, Jean Green, Paddy Wrench 19-13; and Elaine Reed, Jane Painter, Jenny Fricker 12-18.
?The mixed Sunset Umbrella finished with a buffet supper which was enjoyed by all.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Umbrella Trophy was John Mason, second was Shirley Rose, third Betty Farmer and joint fourth Jane Painter and Wilf Radburn. A perfect end to the evening games.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures