Super show from Sidmouth Under-14s proves too much for Tavistock
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 59, Tavistock 0 The conditions for this Under-14s match could not have been more different to the previous outing, writes Chris Robinson.
The ball was as slippery as ‘soap in a bath’ and this particular bath was a mud one!
It took a while for both teams to get to grips with the conditions, but once Sidmouth did they were unstoppable. Kennaugh made a break, Bolton secured quick ball, which went through the backs to Wright who scored.
Simple, but effective rugby. Kennaugh was soon on the score sheet catching a clever cross kick from Down. Counsell then made a superb break and linked beautifully once again with Wright who scored.
Tavistock applied the pressure, but Bolton’s kick out of defence landed kindly for Kennaugh who set up Counsell to run 50-metres to score. From the restart Hill, who was outstanding all day, set up Wright for his second. Tavistock tried to get out of their half, but a Morgan tackle and a Kennaugh steal led to his second. The second half was an even muddier affair. Counsell’s second try came from a Moore turnover. Wright scored his hat trick before being substituted and Davies also got on the score sheet right at the end. Allen kicked his fifth successful conversion.
You may also want to watch:
A clinical display in a good old fashioned rugby match was enjoyed by all apart from possibly Tavistock?
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17