Super Sunday of point-to-point racing at Cherrybrook
- Credit: Archant
This weekend’s point-to-point horseracing meeting takes place at Cherrybrook, nr Tavistock where the Mid Devon host their meeting on Sunday (March 4), writes Donna Harris.
The committee is delighted and grateful that this meeting can take place at the course with thanks to the Lamerton and land owners Messers N P and C Abel. This point-to-point was previously held at the Black Forest Lodge course before the site was sold.
Six races are on offer with the meeting attracting 96 entries and the action getting under way at 1pm. Local entries will include the popular grey gelding Dicky Bob, owned and trained by Verity Nicholls.
A winner of nine of his point-to-points so far, which include three at this course, Dicky Bob is popular both with punters who have backed him to younger members of families, with his striking likeness to Desert Orchid. Dicky Bob holds an entry in the men’s open race, which is sponsored by Stringer Equine Vet Practice and Richard Mizen.
He will need to fend off the challenges from previous Hunter Chase winner Mr Satco for the Emma Oliver team, and the two possible entries for trainer Ed Walker, Before The War and Different Gravey, the latter being a hurdle winner under rules when in training with Nicky Henderson.
You may also want to watch:
Dicky Bob’s connections may choose the ladies’ race as a better option, which also has good quality entries such as outside raiders Bound For Glory and Consigliere to contend with if making the trip down.
?There’s a more detailed preview now at www.sidmouthherald.co.uk
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!