Superb Sidmouth U13s
Sidmouth 52 Okehampton 5
Another super team effort by Sidmouth Under-13s in the run up to the Devon cup final. From the kick off you could see that the players were in the right frame of mind, writes Chris Robinson.
After the backs had made a break into Okehampton’s 22, Wright picked up the recycled ball and powered over.
The next try was a cracker. You don’t expect to see nifty footwork and speed from a lock, but Pearce showed both to score under the posts.
Not to be outdone Syrrad the other lock scored straight from the restart. The next try was very much a team effort finished superbly by Smith, who was having a very good day on the wing. Another team effort saw Counsell sprint under the posts .
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw new personnel, but the same fighting spirit.
Quick ball from the ruck saw Nick J-G finish expertly in the corner. The next try was a text book ‘training park’ line out which Moore finished brilliantly.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
Sidmouth’s last try was a true team effort, with practically the entire 15 getting their hands on the ball, before Allen scored under the posts.
He converted this one as he did five of the others. Okehampton managed to score a consolation try at the end.