Sweetland nets victory off Branscombe beach
- Credit: Archant
Eleven members of the Beer and District Sea Angling Association fished the month’s shore competition off Branscombe.
There as a very fresh North Westerly win blowing, but the sea was flat and this made for testing conditions throughout.
It proved to be a hard nights’ fish with May water covering all lines and plenty of hooks being snipped by spider crabs!
Amongst the species that were landed were plaice, smoothhound, dogfish and pout.
The hounds were coming to hermit/peeler crab and a few good bites were missed!
You may also want to watch:
At the conclusion of the event it was Chris Sweetland who bagged first place with 259.69 points.
Second place went to Dave Graham with 224.77 points and in third was Luke Bartlett with 186.88 points.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 8 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
Sweetland also landed the best fish of the night, a 2lb 6.5oz plaice.
First place in the junior section in his first club competition went to Archie Sweetland with a score of 86.25pts.